I can’t believe they’re still at this.
The Democrats have a curious obsession with comparing the Tea Party to terrorists. This happened with stunning consistency for the past two years, especially during the 2011 Debt Ceiling debates. Even Vice President Joe “Foot-In-Mouth” Biden did it, as did Bill Clinton. It happened over, and over again.
And now …….it’s happened again, this time in Oklahoma City, of all places.
OKLAHOMA CITY -The chairman of the Oklahoma Democratic Party is refusing to back down from comments he made likening convicted Oklahoma City bomber Timothy McVeigh to tea party activists.
Chairman Wallace Collins on Tuesday described McVeigh as an anti-government “right-winger” and said he sees tea party activists in a “similar vein.” He previously told a Fox News reporter that if McVeigh were alive today, he would likely be a member of the tea party.
Oh, good grief.
As Bernie Goldberg said, this is coming from “….people who don’t call real terrorists ‘terrorists’ ”.
Have they still never SEEN a Tea Party?
Michael Graham, a radio talk-show host in Boston, wrote a book in 2010 titled That’s No Angry Mob, That’s My Mom. In it, Graham discussed various Tea Parties and their motivation: ordinary tax-payers pushed into action by the threat of higher taxes and increased government intrusion. Far removed from anyone’s definition of ‘terrorist’, these are non-violent, respectful, patriotic Joe & Jane Six-packs who want their government to not bankrupt the country.
Yep, they’re terrifying.
Now, if it’s violence and various other illegalities that Chairman Wallace Collins (or anyone else) is looking for, there actually IS a movement that fits the bill, though the media is loath to describe them as such. Have you ever heard of the Occupy Wall Street kids?
It appears that these playful little scamps have run afoul of the law a time or three. The entire list is waaaaay too long to include here, so I’ll just borrow a partial one from verumserum.com as of mid-November last year:
- Occupy Fort Collins – Member arrested, $10 million in damage
- Occupy Portland – Member arrested for throwing Molotov Cocktail
- Occupy Seattle – Suspicious fire at Bank of America 2.7 miles from camp
- Occupy Portland – Three men arrested with homemade grenades
- Occupy SF – 12 assaults in 24 hours
- Occupy LA – 4 assaults including two with knives
- Occupy Philly – Man punches woman in the face
- Occupy LA – Two assaults including setting someone on fire
- Occupy Berkeley – Police respond to three assault calls per night
- Occupy Wall Street – Three men threaten the life of a sexual assault victim
- Occupy Lawrence – Punch thrown
- Occupy Orlando – Knife fight sends man to hospital
- Occupy Portland – Multiple assaults within a 24 hr. period
- Occupy Toledo – Man assaults police officer after arrest
- Occupy San Diego – Woman assaults cameraman
- Occupy Victoria – Man dumps urine on city worker
- Occupy Vancouver – Two police officers bitten during near riot
- Occupy Oakland – Death threats
- Occupy Austin – Man in Joker make-up arrested for brandishing knife
- Occupy Oakland – Man sets his dog on reporter
- Occupy Oakland – Man pulls a knife in camp
- Occupy Wall Street – Photographer assaulted
- Occupy Boston – Two drug busts in a week
- Occupy Boston – Another drug arrest
- Occupy Boston – Heroin dealers busted were living with 6-year-old boy directly behind welcome tent
- Occupy Portland – First hand account “Drugs. Selling…Heroin. Meth.”
- Occupy Portland – Video of open drug use in the camp
- Occupy Portland – “I get high“
- National Lawyer’s Guild member Ari Douglas pretends to be run over by a police scooter
- Occupy Santa Cruz – Ringworm outbreak
- Occupy Atlanta – TB outbreak
- Occupy Wall Street – Zuccotti lung outbreak
- Occupy New Orleans – Man discovered in tent had been dead 2 days
- Occupy Portland – Body lice outbreak
- Occupy Oakland – Fatal shooting
- Occupy Dallas – Protesters block bank entrance, 23 arrested
- Occupy Vancouver – Mob with bullhorn enters bank
- Occupy Wall Street – Protesters block bank entrance, four arrested
- Occupier takes a bathroom break in the street
- Occupy Vancouver – Occupiers disrupt debate, threaten riot when asked to leave
- Occupy Long Beach – Group disrupts city council meeting
- Occupy Boston – Three arrested for occupying Burger King
- Occupy Oakland – Yelling and nonsense at Burger King
- Occupy DC – Group storms AFP event, traps attendees inside
- Occupy Philly – Man arrested for alleged rape
- Occupy Wall Street – Two sexual assaults unreported to police
- Occupy Wall Street – Man arrested for sexual assault, suspect in rape
- Occupy Dallas – Sex offender allegedly rapes 14 year old
- Occupy Ottawa – Sexual assaults go unreported to police
- Occupy Lawrence – Sexual assault reported
- Occupy Toronto – Foot sniffer arrested
- Occupy Seattle – Man exposes himself to young girls
- Occupy Portland – Sexual assault
- Occupy Wall Street – Drunk gropes women in Zuccotti Park
- Occupy Cleveland – Rape reported after an overnight stay
- Occupy Glasgow – Possible gang rape
- Occupy Baltimore – Multiple reports of harassment
- Occupy Chicago – Man arrested for child porn
- Occupy LA – Man charged with exposing himself to a child
- Occupy DC – Let’s have a coup by taking over the military
- Ted Rall wants occupiers to choose the path of violence
- Occupy DC – Mike Malloy incites crowd to cheer for President Bush’s execution
- Occupy Burlington – Man kills himself with handgun
- Occupy Salt Lake City – Man found dead with syringe in his tent
- Occupy Vancouver – Young woman dies of cocaine and heroin overdose
- Occupy OKC – Young man with history of drug abuse found dead
- Occupy Eureka – Protesters use local bank as a toilet
- Occupy Portland – Two banks vandalized, promises of more to come
- Occupy Oakland – Bank windows broken, Whole Foods vandalized, broken windows
- Occupy Boston – Banks vandalized with anarchist, OWS graffiti
- Occupy Portland – Spike in vandalism near camp
- Occupy SF: ATMs being smeared with feces
- Occupy Santa Fe: Banks vandalized with OWS-themed graffiti
- Occupy San Diego – Vendors cart vandalized with bodily fluids
- Occupy graffiti found on PA governor’s mansion
Remember: this is an old list. There’ve been plenty more “indiscretions” since, most recently on May 1st of this year:
And those harmless, loveable imps in Occupy Wall Street look like this: