But we’ve come a long way from the days of the big dumb schoolyard tough who would back down, if someone actually punched him back.
Now we have
- “cyberbullying” (getting way too common, and deadly)
- and sexual harrassment/bullying… (Filner, Wiener, Spitzer, etc, ad nauseam)
- and IRS bullying… (Tea Party, anyone?)
- and lawsuit bullying… (suing Buckyballs, and Standard and Poor’s)
- and voter intimidation (Black Panthers), and…
I’ve been thinking about bullying quite a lot, because my granddaughter’s current favorite Pixar film is A Bug’s Life.
In this entomological retelling of The Magnificent Seven, a group of hired “tough bugs” (actually rejects from a flea circus) are supposed to fight back on behalf of ant citizens who are sick of the protection racket they’ve been forced into by the local grasshopper thugs.