Wanted to update this story from earlier: “The Most Transparent Administration EVER strikes again“.
If you didn’t read that post (and honestly, you probably should…..), the two big questions arising from it were:
- What was the NAME of the refinery which was singled-out to receive a hugely beneficial waiver from Federal Ethanol renewable fuels requirements, and
- Why did that refinery, and ONLY that refinery, qualify?
Well, it seems that the Wall Street Journal was able to find 1-out-of-2: we now have a name. Unfortunately, that name doesn’t exactly remove the mystery from this newest demonstration of Obama-era ‘transparency’:
OBAMACARE is a disaster, but it’s only the most recent health-insurance-related disaster directly attributable to our Federal Government. Which is why, as a former Insurance Professional for close to 2 decades, this post resonated with me…..
A Heapin' Plate of Conservative Politics & Religion
By Tom Quiner
In a free marketplace, here is how insurance works:
• There are lots of licensed agents selling different types of coverage depending on your needs.
• These sales agents receive a commission on the policies they sell.
• They help clients sort out the multitude of choices they face so they can purchase a product tailored to their needs.
• Some companies set up “exchanges” that make it easy for prospective policy purchasers to “kick tires” and compare prices.
• Insurance companies aggressively advertise on television and other forms of media to gain more market share and educate consumers.
• Customers only purchase the coverage they need and can afford.
• Insurance premiums remain stable.
• Taxpayers are not involved.
• Insurance companies market their products across state lines.
I have just described the auto insurance industry.
Lots of licensed agents sell it. The airwaves feature ads…
View original post 523 more words