Our betters have spoken again, and this time their message is:
“You conservatives aren’t funny. Only WE are funny.
Just ask us.”
On Comedy Central’s Indecision Forever blog, a fellow by the name of Gonzalo Cordova wrote a post titled “Conservative Hashtag Games are Ruining Twitter“. The main thrust of his
tantrum article is that conservatives have been taking to the Twitter-verse to openly mock Libs and their policies with humor (**gasp!**), often overwhelming Twitter feeds that originally started out as a serious PR attempt on the part of President Populist.
Now, this isn’t world-changing news, but it really must have put a bug inside Mr. Cordova’s jodhpurs. He wrote in detail about several Tweets that he, the White House’s unofficial Arbiter of Humor, found severely lacking in the “yuks” department.
Quote from Gonzalo “Top Banana” Cordova:
“Today Former White House Press Secretary Bill Burton attempted to start a hashtag game called #RomneyYachtNames. It’s so unfunny and forced, it’s exactly the kind of thing that would trend on Twitter. And it did, but not the way Bill Burton intended.***
Conservatives hijacked the hashtag and soon started their own called #ObamaYachtNames. Never mind the fact that barely makes sense. The stereotypes about Obama aren’t that he’s rich and owns yachts. That’s Romney’s thing. Obama is the elitist black liberation theology professor who eats kale with a side of dog, remember?!
But that’s not the only conservative hashtag game that’s caught in this week. Just in the past few days, the ones I’ve seen: #MorePopularThanObamaBudget, #ObamaInHistory, #ObamaFirsts, #LowerUnderObama, #ObamaBedtimeStories, #HomophonesforObama.
“Chuckles” Cordova then goes on to single out tweets that he found particularly unfunny, including tweets from Michelle Malkin, Brad Thor and Iowahawk. You can imagine his critique without even looking: “only kind of funny“, “You’re diluting the joke“, etc.,.. It all comes across as if Andy Rooney hijacked Cordova’s blog from the grave and did a Twitter version of his “You-know-what-makes-me-mad” schtick.
To me, the funniest part of the piece was one of his whines concerning possible names that were being devised for if Obama owned a yacht (**Remember: Bill Burton had attempted to start a hashtag game called #RomneyYachtNames):
CORDOVA’s comment: “No one would name their yacht “The Florida Keys” in the first place. That’s just a place you visit in a yacht. The logic of this pun is seriously flawed!”
Really, Mr. Cordova? You didn’t understand that this was a reference to economist John Maynard Keynes, to whose theories Obama has pledged his fealty and simultaneously forced down our throats for 3 years? Basically, you’re telling us that it’s not funny because it went over your head?
See? Now THAT’s funny.
If you aren’t on Twitter, let me share with you a few of the tweets from conservatives across the country and you can decide if you agree with Gonzalo “Pull My Finger” Cordova.
***(Note: most of these tweets are making fun of specific current or recent events. Feel free to ask a question in the comments if you haven’t been keeping up on all of the crazy goings-on recently. One of the commenters will explain, I’m sure)***
This was regarding the Life Of Julia:
- At age 68, the Death Panels finally catch up with #Julia.
- Hey, where’s the part where Obama fixes Julia’s broken soul?
- If POTUS had a Clip-Art daughter, she would look like #julia.
- I can’t help but notice that #Julia is white… Why is the Obama campaign racist?
- Did I miss the part where #Julia married her baby daddy?
- While Obama will care for you your whole life, you first have to make it past Planned Parenthood.
- I don’t trust Julia; she hasn’t got eyes!
- I am confused – Is Obama the president for all 67 years of Julia’s life? Term limits and all that.
- President who invented girlfriend in biography trots yet out another composite female touting cradle-to-grave statism.
This time the hashtag was #Gen44, and was meant to be a place where young Obama supporters expressed their admiration for him (no, seriously; it was). Instead conservatives dominated the hashtag with tweets that criticized the President and some of his most naive supporters:
- #Gen44 because 44 is the expected life expectancy under Obamacare.
- Sure the economy sucks, but the drum circle sector is booming!
- Because my understanding of the word “choice” only extends to aborting my child.
- #Gen44: because every good non-racist knows that ATMs and airport kiosks kill jobs while unemployment benefits and food stamps create them!
- Vote for Barack Obama; he’s an underachiever just like you!
- Because evil corporations made that iPad you are tweeting on…#Gen44
- Because my political conformity shows what an individual I am.
- #gen44: A Chevy Volt in every garage.
If you have Twitter, make sure you look for these opportunities and join in the fun. I have it from no less an authority as the ‘Big Poobah of Funny’, Gonzalo Cordova, that the Libs really, really can’t handle being mocked.
Which is pretty darn funny.
A quick reminder about Social Interaction (via cartoonist Steve Kelley)
How many of us are guilty of this, even just occasionally?
**(Blogger meekly raises his hand)**
Just a little reminder, from one perpetrator to another…
Posted in culture, family, media, miscellaneous, Social commentary, Twitter
Tagged family, parenting, smart phones, social issues, society, Steve Kelley, Tablets, technology