The examples are everywhere:
- Closed bike paths, …which are never, ever, ever monitored normally.
- Closed parks that receive NO Federal Funding whatsoever.
- Unmanned government websites being “shut down”.
- The Navy/Air Force Football game being cancelled, even when the athletic associations for both schools are privately funded.
- And, of course, the whole WWII Memorial debacle.
Why? Because we’ve been “bad”, and we’re being made to suffer. A truly contemptible, petty little man, and his equally contemptible, petty little cronies are trying to exact their pound of flesh from their political opponents (and anyone who agrees with them) by punishing as many of us as they can manage, and as visibly as possible.
All this, in order to look like heroes as the country begs for their return.
But these aren’t the actions of heroes, but rather of cold, calculating, narcissistic bullies. And no one is more culpable in this mean-spirited charade than our cold, calculating, narcissistic Bully-In-Chief.
We already included this Bill Whittle video back during the advent of the Sequester, but it’s too on point to not use again here. Certainly Bill’s explanation of those previous events translates perfectly to the contrived theatrics on display again now.
And if anything, the current situation is even worse: