Many moons ago, an old college professor of mine told me that Bullet Points make it easier for people to remember what you say. And since I think the following is kinda’ important, I’ll give his advice a shot.
- Gee, the IRS was used for political purposes, and against Conservatives & Tea Party groups, no less? Hmmm, that’s odd: I seem to recall the NY Times looked into this last year and, after checking into the original complaints from various Tea Party groups, the Times reported roughly along these lines: “Ahhhh, quit yer’ whining, you crazy patriotic wing nuts!!“
- Predictably, the Administration immediately “blamed low-level employees, saying no high-level officials were aware.” Whoa…, now THERE’s a TOTALLY NEW EXCUSE….
- Also predictably, the IRS is very, very, very, very sorry. Really. They are. Unspecified is exactly what they’re sorry about: the “inappropriate actions” themselves, or being caught….
- Keep in mind, it’s not as if the IRS is a model of operational efficiency as it is.
- ABC News wants to be sure to remind us that the IRS was, during this time, being run by the previous Administration’s appointee. Translation: this is actually Bush’s fault, so don’t even consider for a second that it may have something to do with the guy who’s occupied the Oval Office for the past five years, whom shall of course remain nameless.
- ‘Course, Dubya never made jokes about siccing the IRS on institutions which publicly ‘dissed’ him. That’d be someone else….
- Mitch McConnnell says he wants the White House to investigate this whole IRS debacle. Yeah, that’s a stupendous idea. While they do that, I’ll go grab a team of Mice to investigate my missing Cheese….
- And lastly, this whole episode has me asking one, teensy-weensy question: if this is going on now, in an out-of-control, politically motivated Federal Government agency that is already far too powerful as it is… would someone fill me in again why we’re handing the enforcement of Obamacare over to this bunch?
Marl Levin gets most of the credit for this. I know, I know. I said I’m not a fan, but when it comes to the law he is the best. I thought this would fit best here:
Yeah, I read his write-up on the Daily Caller, too. Levin is excellent on these topics.
Actually, Fred Thompson was one of the best at this, too: I miss him being on the radio dial.
Thanks for the link, Bret. Definitely worthy of more eyes and ears!
As usual, spot on JTR.
And to think, just imagine… it is the IRS who is the strong arm of enforcement for obamacare! O’MY we are in for such FUN, aren’t we?
Thanks so much, Teach!!
But if this is your idea of fun, remind me to never visit your home for a party…
Yea, I know you said so in your article:
“And lastly, this whole episode has me asking one, teensy-weensy question: if this is going on now, in an out-of-control, politically motivated Federal Government agency that is already far too powerful as it is… would someone fill me in again why we’re handing the enforcement of Obamacare over to this bunch?”
But I just felt it worth repeating. THE IRS IS ‘IN CHARGE’ OF OBAMACARE, PEOPLE! *sigh*
By ‘fun’ I meant:
F – freakin’
U – utter
N – nonsense
LOVE the acronym!
Might have to borrow that one, down the road.
Thanks, my friend…
The IRS is just one of many out of control bureaucratic institutions being used for political gain.
EPA, USDA, DNR, DHS, Dang, if it has an acronym, it’s working for the regime and against the American people.
We’re the government and we’re here to help. Yeah right. Help yourselves to our money.
Very true, Sally: can’t even add to this.
Your sentiment is accurate… and should scare the pants off any sentient American citizen.
The truth is other presidents have used the IRS as well to target people and groups they didn’t like. Never shocked by this one bit, the IRS are bullies and they are the collector for the loan shark. Our Government!
One good example of this is Lyndon Johnson, FDR was using this tactic against his enemies even in his days. FDR basically saved Johnson’s career by protecting him from some unsavory practices. Johnson became a yes man for FDR, even got him into the white house down the road.
Ohh, I know, Blaine, but I appreciate your reminder.
However, that fact doesn’t mean I’m jaded or inured to this practice.
The IRS needs to be reined in, or disbanded altogether.
It most certainly does NOT need to have its powers expanded, and a simple “whoopsie, did we do that??” will most certainly not suffice.
Just another reason that a consumption/flat/fair tax would be far preferable to the monstrosity which current tax law has become.
And as Sally listed above, the IRS is just one of several agencies which exist to enrich the state, at the expense of the citizenry.
It just happens to be one of the scariest and most powerful…
The “other people have done this” retort, while true, doesn’t make it acceptable….EVER. Just another example of da gubmint’s attempts at tyranny, control, and intimidation. This needs to be investigated as a criminal act….time for the Zero to show us how he’s going to transform the “business as usual” that he whined about in 2008.
Oh, but he already HAS, Pgh.
While various practices may have occurred previously, I’d definitely argue that the Level & Rate at which they happen NOW, is anything BUT usual.
‘Hope-n-Change’, baby. It’s here…
This only confirms all our I-told-you-so’s about Obama’s regime.
But yesterday when Carney was asked about the scandal, he called the IRS an “independent” agency. Either he is trying to provide us with comic relief, or that is the worst piece of propaganda I ever heard.
I wouldn’t switch careers with Carney for a million dollars. He must have TEN ulcers by now.
He’s too smart to not know how laughable he sounds. Which means, he’s under orders to say these things.
The “Obama Mystique” must be maintained, …even when everyone knows it’s a sham.
I’d be careful talking openly about “Bullet Ponits”..you know Big Brother is watching you and will ban the use of those dangerous items!!! You know – just like the lady Senator said – when someone shoots all those magazines there won’t be any left!! CARNEY deserves what he gets – if he can stand there and lie every day with such a straight face – he should have been in Vaudeville!!! LORD knows the circus he is in now trumps them all!! ken J
It is the Greatest Show on Earth.
Pingback: Obama is shocked, SHOCKED!**, that #IRS was harassing/intimidating Conservative groups | Two Heads are Better Than One
Pingback: The Obama Administration Scandal-plex | Two Heads are Better Than One
Pingback: “Tea Party vs. the #IRS”: the movie Hollywood will never, EVER make | Two Heads are Better Than One
Pingback: Two short videos on WHY the #Benghazi, #IRS, and #AP/Fox News scandals matter… | Two Heads are Better Than One
Pingback: The End of Debate | Two Heads are Better Than One