A quick follow-up from our earlier post today.
Courtesy of HotAir.com:
The debates are next week, as Erika Johnsen at HotAir points out, and the stunningly stark differences between the two candidates should be even more visible.
Just for a quick review, here’s a (very) partial recap of Obama’s record:
- The Muslim world is rioting against us.
- Allies (Poland, Israel, the Czech Republic, just to name three) have been repeatedly let down or ignored by this administration.
- Food Stamp usage has more than doubled.
- Obama has now normalized the (previously unthinkable) term “Trillion dollar deficit“.
- Record-breaking unemployment: above 8% since February 2009, this is the longest period of such elevated joblessness since the Great Depression of the 1930s
- He has consistently gone around Congress with Executive Orders: in Libya, with Amnesty, and with work requirements in welfare.
- An astonishingly corrupt Department of Justice: New Black Panthers (not prosecuted); punishing Arizona for enforcing federal immigration laws; and, of course, Fast and Furious.
- Gas prices: doubled.
- Housing market: stagnant, at best.
- Food prices: significantly higher, and climbing fast.
- Religious freedom: ignored and patronized.
I don’t care if you voted for Obama last time. Don’t much care if you were a Ron Paul supporter, or still currently favor Gary Johnson. It doesn’t concern me in the slightest if you are “uninspired” by politics today. Those are indulgences which a country in decline can no longer afford.
If President Xerxes is allowed a second term, we’re toast. Doomed. Consummatum est.
So: Step up. Help out. Call. Write. Contribute to a campaign. Put up a sign. Do something.
Like an unsightly stain on your new shirt, Obama won’t go away just by our wanting him to.