There were no telescreens, of course, but there was always the danger of concealed microphones by which your voice might be picked up and recognized; besides, it was not easy to make a journey by yourself without attracting attention. For distances of less than 100 kilometres it was not necessary to get your passport endorsed, but sometimes there were patrols hanging about the railway stations, who examined the papers of any Party member they found there and asked awkward questions.
The Two Heads:
Some recent stuff:
- In NYC, it may soon be a Crime to …describe a Criminal? June 19, 2013
- Open letter to the #NSA… June 18, 2013
- According to Janet (Big Sis) Napolitano, comparisons to an “Orwellian State” are just crazy talk! June 17, 2013
- Happy Father’s Day!! June 16, 2013
- Reminding myself (again) to be a Happy Warrior June 15, 2013
- For the gazillionth time: “Freedom OF Religion” is NOT the same thing as “Freedom FROM Religion” June 14, 2013
- In the new War On Terror, WE are the targets… June 13, 2013
- The Anti-gun Left vs. the American People and the #2ndAmendment… June 12, 2013
- Rotten To The Core…? June 12, 2013
Yeah, we’re on Twitter, too….!My Tweets
Looking for something?
All of our Previous Scribblings…
Various topics we've covered:2nd Amendment abortion Arizona Benghazi bias big government Bill Whittle books Catholic Christian Christmas coal conservative court culture debt crisis Economy Education election energy environment Eric Holder fairness Faith family federalism food freedom fun government green energy gun Illegal Immigration individual IRS justice lawsuit marriage media Meditations miscellaneous money mothers movies Obama Obamacare Occupy Wall Street pajamasmedia patriot Paul Ryan politics race racist religion religious freedom Romney Ronald Reagan Social commentary spin sports Steyn taxes Tea Party terrorist The Daily Caller union violence voter ID war on women Wisconsin